Come work at Arrow Tru-Line, a leading manufacturer in the garage door hardware industry since 1970.
Job Type – Full-time
Locations – Archbold, OH
The Materials Planner is responsible for the sourcing and inventory management for raw materials, develops and implements appropriate planning strategies, and coordinates the flow of goods between product inventory, demand, and procurement of raw materials from approved sources.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Sourcing and procurement experience with metal formed/manufactured goods
- MRP system experience
- Experience utilizing LEAN tools to drive improvements
- APICS certification preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience in material planning, inventory management, purchasing or related position.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and MRP/ ERP systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated successful materials and supply chain experience
- Knowledge and experience with steel processing (coating, slitting, stamping, and roll forming).
- Self-motivated individual with intense drive to exceed expectations
- Action oriented with proven track record of achieving business goals
- Strategic thinker: uses creative and innovative problem-solving approach to achieve Key Success Factors
- High personal and professional integrity
- Maintain courteous, professional demeanor and the ability to work well under pressure
- Manage the sourcing and inventory management for assigned commodities
- Analyzes demand, supply, and inventory levels based on customer demands and historical data and provides weekly releases to raw material suppliers. Prepare purchase orders as required.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and supporting departments regarding production goals, production schedule changes, timelines, etc.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring trends along with customer demand patterns.
- Analyze supplier performance results and provide recommendations as needed
- Manage shipping requirements of raw materials expediting as needed
- Manage departmental projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
ATL is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.